on Jun.28, 2013, under Life in General
With Blogger’s recent announcement to “strictly prohibit the monetization of adult content on Blogger,” a lot of sex bloggers are making the leap into more solid adult-friendly web hosting solutions. Or rather, paid hosting solutions that aren’t going to shut down their blogs on a whim. We’ve had several people ask us which web host we use, so we figured we may as well do a little write up on them…
We’ve used Host Gator for our websites for over 7 years now, and we don’t have any complaints. And yes, that’s an affiliate link, but it’s seriously who we use and they’ve earned our loyalty.
Two of our websites (non adult) were already up and running before we decided to start one for sex toy reviews, and we had done a lot of research and already left three other web hosts before choosing them. One phone call verified that HostGator had no problem with ANY adult content on their servers, as long as it was legal. They’ve stood by that over the years, and one of the customer service reps even spent nearly an hour on the phone to help us install the WordPress software to get our sex blog up and running. How nice is that? There’s also a number of other reasons we like them, including:
* We’ve only noticed one server outage in all the time our adult blog has been up, and everything was back up in less than an hour.
* We’ve been slightly late on a couple of our payments, and they’ve never shut us down. They’ve given us a lot of payment options too– PayPal, check, or credit/debit over the phone.
* We ran a poorly-coded template script in 2010 that sucked a helluva lot of server juice, and they didn’t shut us down (in fact, they helped us fix that).
* They never send us eMail Spam.
* If you call customer service, you get a human who speaks English that you can understand! Sure, we’ve had to wait on hold before, but once somebody gets on there they’ve been useful. Oh, and none of them have ever said anything about our adult content or advertising when they’ve had to visit our site for something.
Ok, so we didn’t mean this to be such a lengthy post, but everybody hates people who say “Oh, just go do this” without giving some reasons. There ya go. HostGator is totally adult-friendly, and yet another option for sex toy reviewers and other sex bloggers who have affilite links on their sites.