on Dec.01, 2010, under Random Stuff
We ran across this project on Essin-Em’s site and thought it would be fun to join in. It’s all about bloggers sharing the love this holiday season and trying to grant each other’s wishes. We were pretty excited to realize that we could actually grant several bloggers’ wishes ourselves, so if you have a list of your own please let us know so we can check it out. It’s fun to play Santa!
And if you have no idea what we’re talking about but want to know more, here are the guidelines copy/pasted from Essin-Em:
How it Works:
- Make a post to your blog, tumblr, facebook, myspace, what have you. The important thing is to make sure these wishes are things you really, truly want and that people can see the post.
- If you wish for real possible things, make sure you include some sort of contact info in your post, whether it’s your address or just an email address at which you can be contacted by potential wish-grantors, real or imaginary.
- Also, make sure you post some version of these guidelines in your post, so that the holiday joy will spread.
- Surf around your friends list/blogroll/RSS feeds (or friends friends, or just random places ) to see who has posted their list.
- If you see a wish you can grant, and it’s in your heart to do so, make someone’s wish come true. Sometimes someone’s trash is another’s treasure, and if you have a leather jacket you don’t want or a gift certificate you won’t use–or even know where you could get someone’s dream purebred Basset Hound for free–do it.
You needn’t spend money on these wishes unless you want to. The point isn’t to put people out, it’s to provide everyone a chance to spread the joy. Gifts can be made anonymously or not–it’s your call.
There are no rules with this project, no guarantees, and no strings attached. Just…wish, and it might come true. Give, and you might receive. And you’ll have the joy of knowing you made someone’s holiday special.
Pretty cool, huh? Well, Essin-Em is just a cool type of person so what do you expect? Anyway, a big thank you in advance if you want to grant one of our wishes, and if not then maybe you can checkout some of the other bloggers’ lists at the end of this post and see if you can spread some holiday cheer elsewhere.
* Any of these DVDs: Stargate SG-1 series, Lost series, Raiders of the Lost Ark trilogy, Star Wars, Return of the Jedi, Empire Strikes Back, Harry Potter Ultimate Editions.
* Gift cards, especially if it’s to a store that sells clothes or food.
* Men’s Small pocket t-shirts or button-up shirts in something besides grey (I swear these store managers are color blind here) or size 30 pants.
* A nice case for my glasses.
* Plain cotton sweatshirts with no transfers or decorations of any kind on them. If they’re pink, lime, or purple I’ll love them all the more (I’m getting weird in my old age…LOL)
* A book light (like you clip to the top of a paperback) or a lighted book holder.
* Small unscented taper candles in any colors, or black metal/wrought iron candle holders.
Alan & Michele together:
* Anything from our sex toy WishList (of course!)
* An MP3 player. Any size, any kind. Ours broke
* Go out of your way to do something nice for someone this season. Make amends with someone you’ve been angry with, leave an anonymous Christmas card in that neighbor you’ve never spoken to’s mailbox, volunteer some time somewhere. It doesn’t matter what, just spread some love. And we’d love it if you came back here and told us what you did
* Write us some Erotica for our Erotica section of the blog.
* Link to us on your blog… but only if you actually think ours is cool.
* Grant A Christmas Wish for one of our fellow bloggers who have their own lists posted:
A Bedroom Blog’s Wishlist
Dangerous Lilly’s Wishlist
Screaming Violet’s Wishlist
True Pleasure’s Wishlist
Mistress Kay’s Wishlist
The Blogging Slave’s Wishlist
Jessie Beth’s Wishlist
Venus Etc.’s Wishlist
Misfit Momma’s Wishlist
Curious Nicky’s Wishlist
Pussy Goes Grr’s Wishlist
Lucid Obsession’s Wishlist
J’s Curious Alley
Autumn Rain’s Wishlist/a>
Geeky Nymph’s Wishlist
* And Remember to let us know if you have a list posted and don’t see your name on here so we can check out your list and see what we can do Happy Holidays!